The magic powder. As from lemon peels to make a super Supplement with anything
From lemon peels quickly and easily it is possible to prepare dry powder which is stored for a long time, preserving all the healing properties of lemon. It can be used as an additive to various dishes. And not only.
A maximum of useful substances lemon contains in its peel. It attracts a constant supply of vitamin C, lots of pectin, essential oils and other necessary trace elements.
Lemon peel is the best remedy for many ailments
Peel — a welcome guest in various culinary creations. Often use fresh zest, but the experienced Thrifty cooks also freeze it or dry.
Grated on a fine grater zest laid out on a large sheet of paper and dried, sometime turning to the state of embrittlement in a dry ventilated area. 3 days and voila! You can pour the crispies into a paper bag or glass jar. Before adding to dishes it needs to be rubbed in the hands or crushed in a mortar. But there is a better way is to cook from dried lemon peels powder, which will be stored for a long time, keeping all useful properties of the lemon, and which can be at any time quick and easy to use.
How to make lemon powder
- First you need to remove the lemon zest. Lemons are often treated with wax so that they are better kept, so you should wash them under running water, brush and rinse with boiling water. Then cut away on both sides, “butt” and start to remove the zest with a thin sharp knife, rotating the lemon and trying not to touch the bitter white layer. Or simply RUB the peel on a grater.
To remove the zest possible and a special grater.
- Now the zest to dry. Happy owners of a dehydrator just spread the zest in a single layer and follow the instructions of the device. We just dry the zest in the oven. If it has the function of convection — great, not — too. Spread the zest on a parchment with the bars and dried at 50 degrees for 5-6 hours. Dueco oven better crack open. No oven — place the zest on paper with a dry ventilated area or outside on a Sunny day (in the latter case, cover the zest with a layer of gauze).
- The final step is to grind the zest in a coffee grinder, skip the powder through a sieve and again punched in a coffee grinder.
- Pour into a glass jar with a lid and store in a dry place during the year. Although most likely the magic powder you finish much earlier.
Where to add the lemon powder
- This is an excellent addition to sweet and sour sauces for fish and meat. For example, mix a tablespoon of the powder with a couple tablespoons of lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, salt and sugar. If desired, add crushed mustard seeds. However, you can do without the sauce. Just sprinkle the powder meat, fish, seafood or grilled vegetables for a couple of minutes until tender. Get magical!
Lemon powder is a perfect condiment for grilled fish.
- Lemon powder could replace Sol. Try not to salt meat and fish, and only add the powder. Tasty and solid benefits. But if no salt in any way, then mix the powder with salt, pepper and dried herbs. It offers an aromatic blend for any dish.
- Lemon powder is suitable for summer soups: okroshka and beetroot soup. They spice you want to add 5 minutes until tender.
- Delicious zapaca for summer salads: mix olive oil with Apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar and add the lemon powder. Very simple and very summery! And again, the salad is just the butter and sprinkle lemon powder.
The best friend of the salads with seafood — lemon powder.
- And of course baking! Add lemon powder to the dough for bread, buns, fruit pies. Puddings and cookies with him, too, are unusually tasty. But the most daring we recommend lightly sprinkle lemon powder chocolate cake. Very gastronomic combination!
In baking sweet citric acidity will be very useful.
- No time for culinary exploits — pitch trendy avocado toast, a piece of toasted black bread drizzle with olive oil, put slices of avocado, sprinkle with black pepper and lemon powder.
How to make avocado toast even more fashionable? Sprinkle it with lemon powder!
- A few more ideas for Breakfast. Sprinkle the powder in oatmeal with berries, yogurt or cottage cheese will be much more interesting.
- Good lemon powder for drinks — tea, smoothies, cocktails. And ordinary water with a slightly lemony — a wonderful drink for the summer.
Lemon powder to the smoothie drink healthy lifestyle and coolant.
Not just for food
And lemon powder can be used in home beauty and economy. Mix it with ground coffee and get a fragrant body scrub. Or add to soda, you will have a fragrant detergent.
Aromatic powder can be made not only from lemon but also from lime, grapefruit, orange. Experiment!
If you notice an error or inaccuracy, please inform us.