Tips and Tricks for Making Perfect Brussels Sprouts | Kitchen Conundrums with Thomas Joseph
Culinary Director, Thomas Joseph, gives tips on how to avoid common mistakes when making this Thanksgiving menu must-have. Avoid steaming or broiling the brussels sprouts which uses moist heat which can make them too soft and somewhat mushy.
Fried Brussel Sprouts
-Vegetable oil, for frying
-1 pound brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise (4 cups)
-3 small shallots, peeled and thinly sliced into rounds (1/2 cup)
-2 Fresno or red finger chiles, thinly sliced into rounds (1/3 cup)
-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
-1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
Shredded Brussel Sprouts Salad with Hazelnut Crunch
-1 pound Brussels sprouts, shredded (6 cups)
-1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
-1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
-1 cup Hazelnut Crunch
-Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Try out these delicious recipes and let us know what you think in the comment section below!
Subscribe for more easy and delicious recipes: http://full.sc/P8YgBt
Want more? Sign up to get the Everyday Food video recipe email, served daily.
Get recipe emails: http://www.marthastewart.com/edf
Want more Martha?
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+MarthaStewart/posts
#BrusselSprouts #EatYourVeggies #KitchenConundrums
- Easy Florentine Egg Cups | Quick & Delicious Breakfast Option on the Go | Homeschool
- Sarah and Chef Leah Cohen Make Bánh Xèo | Vietnamese Pancakes
- Apple-Pecan Pull-Apart Rolls | Perfect Amount of Buttery-Sweet Glaze | Everyday Food w/ Sarah Carey
- One-Skillet Chicken Puttanesca Melt – Everyday Food with Sarah Carey
- Mung Bean Pancakes (Nokdu Bindaetteok) | An Irresistible & Savory Dish | Homeschool w/ Everyday Food