The BEST Lemon-Glazed Sheet Cake Recipe EVER | Zest-Filled Batter and a Silky Citrus Glaze | Frosted
A delicate cake that has a double dose of tangy brightness, thanks to a zest-filled batter and a silky citrus glaze. The optional candied lemon-rind topping adds a design element that will have the crowd swirling with delight.
-10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
-1 1/3 cups sugar
-1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
-1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
-2 teaspoons grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh juice
-2 large eggs, room temperature
-1 2/3 cups cake flour (not self-rising), such as Swans Down
-1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
-3/4 cup sugar
-1/4 cup cornstarch
-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
-1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest, plus 2/3 cup fresh juice (from about 3 lemons)
-4 large egg yolks
-4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
-Candied lemon zest, for serving (optional)
Subscribe for more easy and delicious recipes: http://full.sc/P8YgBt
Want more? Sign up to get the Everyday Food video recipe email, served daily.
Get recipe emails: http://www.marthastewart.com/edf
Want more Martha?
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+MarthaStewart/posts
Join Food Stylist and ultimate baker Molly Wenk as she recreates some of Martha’s most popular and unique dessert recipes.
#SheetCake #Desserts #BakeWithMe
- Delicately Spiced Apple Layer Cake with a Rich Cream-Cheese Frosting | Frosted
- How to Avoid Overcooked Roast Beef | Tips & Tricks to get a Juicy Roast Beef | Kitchen Conundrums
- Leftover Turkey Curry Dinner | The Perfect After-Thanksgiving Recipe | Everyday Food w/ Sarah Carey
- Vegetarian Enchiladas Suizas | Easy and Delicious Mexican Cuisine | Everyday Food with Sarah Carey
- Natural Dyes From Plants and Vegetables | DIY Eco-Friendly Dyes | Homeschool with Everyday Food