Steve’s Layered Cornbread Casserole | Father Knows Best | Homeschool with Martha
This easy hearty cornbread dish is great during the holidays when you need to feed a crowd quickly and easily. It’s a little like a Tex-Mex riff on lasagna with a filling of shredded chicken (leftover turkey is tasty, too), cheddar cheese, and pickled jalapeños.
-1/2 cup corn oil, plus more for baking dish
-1 1/4 cups fine yellow cornmeal, plus more for baking dish
-1 1/2 cups whole milk
-1 can (14.75 ounces) cream-style corn
-3 large eggs
-3/4 teaspoon baking soda
-2 teaspoons kosher salt (we use Diamond Crystal)
-8 ounces cheddar, or a mixture of cheddar and Monterey Jack, shredded (2 cups)
-2 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey (10 ounces)
-1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for serving
-1/2 cup sliced pickled jalapeños, drained
-Salsa, for serving (optional)
Subscribe for more easy and delicious recipes: http://full.sc/P8YgBt
Want more? Sign up to get the Everyday Food video recipe email, served daily.
Get recipe emails: http://www.marthastewart.com/edf
Want more Martha?
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+MarthaStewart/posts
Lauren Tyrell, Senior Food Editor at Martha Stewart Living, recreates her father’s well-known and well-appreciated Layered Cornbread Recipe. Try out this recipe and let us know what you think in the comment section below.
#Cornbread #Thanksgiving #Fall
- The BEST Lemon-Glazed Sheet Cake Recipe EVER | Zest-Filled Batter and a Silky Citrus Glaze | Frosted
- Delicately Spiced Apple Layer Cake with a Rich Cream-Cheese Frosting | Frosted
- How to Avoid Overcooked Roast Beef | Tips & Tricks to get a Juicy Roast Beef | Kitchen Conundrums
- Leftover Turkey Curry Dinner | The Perfect After-Thanksgiving Recipe | Everyday Food w/ Sarah Carey
- Vegetarian Enchiladas Suizas | Easy and Delicious Mexican Cuisine | Everyday Food with Sarah Carey