Sarah and Chef Leah Cohen Make Bánh Xèo | Vietnamese Pancakes
Watch editorial food director Sarah Carey and well-renowned chef Leah Cohen make a Banh Xeo, a Vietnamese pancake, from her latest cookbook Lemongrass and Lime: Southeast Asian Cooking at Home.
Leah Cohen is the chef and owner of Pig & Khao restaurant, located on New York City’s Lower East Side. Opened in fall 2012, the intimate, 74-seat restaurant serves Southeast Asian cuisine influenced by Leah’s Filipino upbringing and her annual expeditions to the region. Acclaimed by publications including the New York Times, New York Magazine, and The Huffington Post, Pig & Khao has been praised for its Asian street food-inspired fare, casual, inviting ambiance, and inventive bar program. Recipient of a 2013 StarChefs Rising Stars Award, Leah’s main cooking philosophy is to stay true to authentic Southeast Asian flavors while incorporating classical western techniques. Follow Leah on Instagram @leahscohen.
Subscribe for more easy and delicious recipes: http://full.sc/P8YgBt
Want more? Sign up to get the Everyday Food video recipe email, served daily.
Get recipe emails: http://www.marthastewart.com/edf
Want more Martha?
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+MarthaStewart/posts
Sarah Carey is the editor of Everyday Food magazine and her job is to come up with the best ways to make fast, delicious food at home. But she’s also a mom to two hungry kids, so the question "What’s for dinner?" is never far from her mind — or theirs, it seems! Her days can get crazy busy (whose don’t?), so these videos are all about her favorite fast, fresh meals — and the tricks she uses to make it all SO much easier.
#LeahCohen #BanhXeo #AtHome
- Apple-Pecan Pull-Apart Rolls | Perfect Amount of Buttery-Sweet Glaze | Everyday Food w/ Sarah Carey
- One-Skillet Chicken Puttanesca Melt – Everyday Food with Sarah Carey
- Mung Bean Pancakes (Nokdu Bindaetteok) | An Irresistible & Savory Dish | Homeschool w/ Everyday Food
- DIY Homemade Potpourri | Natural Long-Lasting Aroma at Home | Homeschool w/ Everyday Food
- Pappardelle with Creamy Chicken Sauce | Simple yet Delicious Recipe | Everyday Food