Recipe Roasted Turkey and Cranberry Soup
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 gallon
1 pound turkey breast meat
16 cups water, divided
8 ounces carrot, diced into 1/4-inch pieces, divided
8 ounces celery, diced into 1/4-inch pieces, divided
1/2 pound butter or margarine
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 cups yellow onion, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
1 1/2 cups white flour
1/2 cup turkey base
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 3/4 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
3/4 cup dried cranberries, diced
- Cook turkey in oven. Slice into bite size pieces. Reserve to add to finished soup.
- Heat 5 cups water to boil. Cook 4 ounces carrots and 4 ounces celery 8 minutes until soft. Strain and cool in cold water. Reserve to add to finished soup.
- Melt butter. Add garlic, onion, remaining carrots and remaining celery. Saute 5 minutes. Stir in flour and continue cooking 5 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Add remaining water and turkey base. Blend until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, sage, marjoram, rosemary and thyme. Heat to 190° F or low simmer. Cook 10 minutes until thickened.
- Add cream, parsley, turkey meat, cranberries and cooked carrots and celery. Stir to combine. Cook on medium heat 2 minutes.