Recipe Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Peach-Olive Jam
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 pounds pork shoulder roast
kosher salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
4 cloves garlic, quartered
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
8 ounces dried peaches
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 cup California Black Ripe Olives, wedged
2 teaspoons country mustard
1 ounce arugula
8 onion rolls, split and toasted
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- In large, high-sided saute pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Season pork with salt and pepper, to taste, and cook in pan 3-4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Stir in garlic and continue cooking 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth, peaches and chili powder; bring to boil.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake in oven 2 hours.
- With slotted spoon, carefully remove peaches and transfer to small mixing bowl. Mix olives and mustard with peaches; set aside.
- Continue to cook pork in oven 30-60 minutes until fork tender.
- Allow to cool slightly then shred by pulling apart with fork.
- Assemble sandwiches by spooning pork onto toasted rolls.
- Top with arugula and peach-olive mixture.