Recipe Pizza with Pecan-Herb Topping
Cook time: 40 minutes
1 store-bought pizza dough
1 cup raw pecan halves or pieces
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
1/2 cup jarred pizza sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup thinly sliced red pepper
1/2 cup thinly sliced Vidalia onion
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour clean surface. Using rolling pin, roll out pizza dough to 1/8-inch thick and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Gently pierce dough with fork to prevent air pockets. Bake crust 10-15 minutes, or until lightly golden in color.
- In food processor, pulse pecans, parsley and garlic powder until mixture becomes coarse crumbs. Transfer to bowl and stir in Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes (if desired), salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Using spoon, evenly spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with mozzarella cheese, red pepper slices and onion slices. Sprinkle 1/3 cup pecan mixture evenly over pizza.
- Transfer pizza to oven and bake 10-15 minutes, or until crust is crispy and cheese is melted. Serve with remaining pecan-herb mixture.
Notes: If dough instructions differ from recipe, use package instructions. Additional topping options include: pepperoni, olives, ham, bacon and roasted veggies. Leftover pecan-herb topping can be used for pasta and salads.