Recipe Mexican Snack Stacks
Makes: 16 servings
1/2 cup Ortega Salsa (any variety)
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
8 8-inch Ortega Soft Tortillas
1/2 cup guacamole
1/3 cup Ortega Refried Beans
6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix 1/4 cup salsa, sour cream and chicken in small bowl.
- Place 2 soft tortillas on ungreased cookie sheet; spread each with salsa-chicken mixture. Spread 2 more soft tortillas with guacamole and stack on top of salsa-chicken tacos, guacamole side up.
- Mix refried beans with remaining 1/4 cup salsa; spread mixture onto 2 more soft tortillas and stack on top of guacamole. Top each stack with remaining 2 soft tortillas; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted and filling is hot.
- Sprinkle with cilantro. Cut each stack into 8 wedges.
Recipe Mexican Steak Tacos
Makes: 2 servings (2 tacos each)
1 3 1/2-ounce bag boil-in-bag long grain rice
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Ortega Taco Sauce
1 tablespoon Ortega Salsa (any variety)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound sirloin steak
1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 4-ounce can Ortega Diced Green Chiles
4 Ortega Taco Shells
4 lime wedges
Sour cream (optional)
- Cook rice combining cumin, garlic powder, taco sauce, salsa and salt.
- Rub mixture over both sides of steak.
- Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place steak on broiler tray.
- Broil steak 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Cut steak into thin slices.
- Combine rice mixture, tomatoes and chiles. Place the mixture in shells.
- Top rice mixture with beef slices. Squeeze juice from limes over beef.
- Top with sour cream, if desired.