Recipe Duck Bacon Burgers with Cheese
2 pounds Maple Leaf Farms All Natural Ground Duck
4 tablespoons bread crumbs
2 tablespoons white onion, minced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
6 strips Maple Leaf Farms Duck Bacon, halved
6 hamburger buns
3 tablespoons Maple Leaf Farms All Natural Rendered Duck Fat
6 slices cheddar cheese
6 slices red onion (optional)
6 slices tomato (optional)
lettuce leaves (optional)
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- In large bowl, mix together ground duck, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, paprika and chili powder. Divide mixture into six equal parts and form into patties. Season both sides of each patty with salt and pepper.
- Lightly brush grill rack with oil. Place burgers on rack and cook, flipping frequently until internal temperature reaches 155° F.
- While burgers are cooking, place bacon on grill and cook until crisp.
- Once burgers are done, remove from heat and let sit 3-5 minutes. Brush insides of hamburger bun halves with duck fat and toast lightly on grill.
- Serve each burger on toasted bun with two bacon half-strips and slice of cheese then top with red onion, tomato and lettuce, if desired.