Recipe Bunny-Faced Microwave Oatmeal
Recipe courtesy of Tiffany Edwards of Creme de la Crumb
1/3 cup instant oats
3/4 cup fat free milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2/3 small banana
2 fresh blueberries
1/2 small strawberry
chocolate syrup (optional)
- In microwave-safe bowl, stir together oats, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and brown sugar. Microwave on high 30 seconds-1 minute and stir.
- Cut banana in half crosswise. Cut 1 1/8-inch thick coin slices from flat end of each banana half. Place slices in upper-third of oatmeal bowl, side-by-side, to make eyes. Top with 1 blueberry on each banana slice.
- Place remaining banana halves at the top of the bowl, hanging off edge, to create ears.
- Place strawberry in the middle of the bowl to make the nose then drizzle chocolate, if desired, to make mouth and whiskers.
- Serve with 8-ounce glass of milk.
Nutritional information per serving: 320 calories; 2 g fat; 0 g saturated fat; 10 mg cholesterol; 18 g protein; 59 g carbohydrates; 5 g fiber; 190 mg sodium; 550 mg calcium (60% of daily value). Nutrition figures based on using fat free milk, and include an 8-ounce glass of milk.