Recipe 3 Bean and Steak Salad
Recipe courtesy of Carolyn Mazzocco
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
1 can (15 ounces) READ 3 Bean Salad
1 ribeye or top sirloin steak (about 8 ounces)
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups arugula
1/2 cup chopped herbs, such as parsley, thyme, dill, basil, chives or tarragon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon plain fat-free yogurt
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Drain bean salad. Reserve half of liquid. Place beans and reserved liquid in large bowl.
- Heat cast-iron skillet or other heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush both sides of steak with oil. Sprinkle evenly with salt.
- In skillet, cook steak 4 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness. Remove from pan. Allow steak to rest 10 minutes, covered lightly with aluminum foil; slice.
- In bowl, combine arugula and herbs with bean salad. Toss gently to combine.
- To make dressing: In small bowl, whisk oil, yogurt, lemon juice, horseradish, salt and pepper. Set aside. Whisk again before serving.
- Divide salad between two plates. Top evenly with steak slices. Drizzle dressing over salads.